Tuesday, March 20, 2012

7 Months

My littlest is officially closer to toddler-hood than being a baby. *Cue tears* Not really, because I'm not a crier, but I am a bit sad that he seems to be growing up so fast. But for now, he's still my sweet and cuddly little man.

He is constantly learning new things though and showing us just how smart and big he is getting. Here's just a little overview of the things he's doing/accomplishing.

  • Says "dadadadadadadada" and "yayayayayayaya"
  • Waves at us, although to be honest it looks more like an arm spasm that he has no control over, but he does it when someone waves to him. So I'm counting it.
  • Gives high fives when asked most of the time. Although sometimes he just pulls your fingers close to his mouth for a quick chomp.
  • LOVES  food. Solid food (cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots) or nursing. He could eat all day long. 
  • Still in size 3 diapers
  • Wearing mostly 9 or 12 month clothes. The 9 months are getting snug so we'll be exclusively in 12 month before he's 9 months old I think.
  • Rolling around like crazy. Gone are the days of an immobile baby. I think crawling is close, he sometimes inches around in an army crawl type move but it's mostly barrel rolls. (Kinda like big sister did )
  • Taking 2 (sometimes 3) naps a day. I've been trying really hard to maintain a stricter nap schedule but then along came some new teeth.
  • We currently are in the midst of teething hell right now. It's pretty unpredictable. One minute he's happy go lucky and the next he's a hot screaming mess! There are 5 pearly white and RAZOR sharp teeth in his mouth right now, but with the way he has been acting, more have to be coming.
  • Speaking of those little teeth, he's been biting while nursing lately. NOT fun at all, and he drew blood a couple of times. So if anyone has tips on how to get him to quit that, I'd appreciate it.
  • He's sitting up on his own for much longer stretches of time.
  • The jumperoo is still one of his favorite things, but he gets bored faster in it now.
This little guy is so much fun and adds so much to our life. Now there are still days when I can't believe that I'm the mom of two kids and there are days when I want to pull my hair out or go cry in a corner. BUT, most of the time I feel incredibly blessed and happy to have Andrew as our son!




No comments: