Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Days

I can honestly say the last week has been pretty good,  despite the fact that it rained EVERY day from Monday through Friday. By Wednesday the kids and I were a little stir crazy (mostly I was, there's only so many things to do at home) and I decided we needed to get out despite the torrential downpour outside. So we ventured to the mall to catch up with friends, get in some walking, have a change of scenery, and ride the carousel. I even pushed nap time back a couple of hours to enjoy some more time out of the apartment! And the kids did well and avoided any major meltdowns!

I was able to have a nice afternoon hanging out with a dear friend that I don't get to see often enough. The kids were really well behaved, and Sarah was a little ham showing off every skill/word she's learned in the last year! And once the kids finally decided to go down for their nap, I was able to enjoy some adult time.

Friday night we went to see The Hunger Games, good movie, but not as great as the book. And my parents watched the kids for us, but unfortunately Andrew has decided that bottles are bad again. I have got to figure out how to get this kid to take one, or I will be forever stuck to an every two to three hour feeding schedule! It seems like every time we think we have it all under control he goes on a bottle strike again. B

Saturday was dinner with friends and let's just say that long waits at restaurants are bad when you have a group with two toddlers and an infant. Luckily I had the foresight to pack some random toys and coloring books and the weather was nice enough to let the toddlers run around outside. Eventually we all ate and made it home in one piece!

And here was our great Sunday!











This week is all about party planning and wrapping up loose ends, because somebody is turning two on Monday!!

No comments: