Saturday, May 12, 2012

We're Home ... For Now

So I think it's safe to say that most of our boxes are unpacked. We have pretty much everything we need for us and the kids out in the open where it can be reached, which is a HUGE stress relief for me.

I don't know about anyone else, but living out of boxes is extremely stressful for me. Especially when you combine the boxes, the kids, the not knowing where everything is, two kids, and a limited amount of space. I'm not going to lie, I felt like we had made the wrong choice by moving to my parents' for a while there. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for this opportunity. The problem was that I was constantly in defensive mode as a mom. Worried about the kids getting into things they shouldn't, trying to get back to our normal routine, feeling like I wasn't getting enough done,  and the list goes on. I really felt like I was sucking as a mom because every other word out of my mouth was NO!

Now that things are settled, I feel like I have the space and the ability to let the kids be kids again. I don't feel like I'm in a pressure cooker anymore and I physically feel much more calm now that we "our space". My parents' house is pretty awesome in that the basement is pretty much like a two bedroom apartment complete with bathroom and kitchen area. So with most of the unpacking done down here, I feel like we finally have an area that is ours. I feel less like I am "invading" and disrupting the life my family has going on upstairs! And, I don't have to worry about packing/moving for at least 6 more months. Plenty of time to forget the stress of moving with two kids and two dogs right?


And joy of all joys, my computer is hooked back up thanks to Ryan! I can now get back to blogging (venting at times?) on a more regular basis and my phone's battery might actually stay charged!

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm hoping to just enjoy my family and good food! With my main source of stress (boxes) eliminated, it's going to be much easier to relax and reflect on the blessings I have that call me Mommy/Mama. So to all you other mamas out there have a great day!

No comments: