Saturday, November 24, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

Our holiday was absolutely wonderful. We were able to spend it with family and kept it pretty low key. Not to mention, we chowed down on a bunch of yummy food. And this year we have a lot to be thankful for.

  1. We got the house!!!! Closing is in a couple of weeks. You know what that means? Living with my parents is almost over. I'm really grateful for the roof over my head and my parents' generosity. But I'm SO ready to be on my own again. It's tough trying to meld a bunch of different people and personalities together.
  2. My job. I feel so incredibly blessed to be working again. The people are great and the job is just what I remember it being, something I love to do. I actually thought to myself (yesterday - BLACK FRIDAY- and today) how much fun it was to be working!
  3. Ryan's job. It continues to be the main source of income and the only source of health insurance for our family. With all of the economic uncertainty and upheaval, it's truly amazing to not have to worry about how the bills will get paid or how we'll feed the kids. 
  4. Ryan and the kids! Seriously, as much as I claim they stress me out, they are the best things in my life. They make me laugh, cheer me up, and love me unconditionally. Even when I lose my temper. But the best thing about them, is that they've taught me to love on a whole new scale.
  5. Our family is all happy and healthy. Despite a few minor hiccups i.e. colds, scrapes, bumps, and bruises - our family is incredibly healthy! I've seen so many people get bad health news recently that I am all the more thankful for our good fortune!
  6. Friends, I am blessed to be making new ones and to have old friends who are willing to listen or hang out with me when they can. 
  7. So much more. I can't even name it all, but I truly felt like this year, Thanksgiving was more than just a big dinner for me. It was an occassion where I truly noted all the things I can count as blessings in my life.
After our delicious dinner, I went out Thanksgiving day/Black Friday shopping. It was crazy but a ton of fun. I was so happy my friend called and asked me to go with her. I was able to get all the Harry Potter movies (nerd alert) for $1.96 a piece and basically stocked up our wardrobes for the winter. Oh and I may or may not have bought little Miss Sarah a pink Christmas tree. It was on sale and glittery and well she's been asking for one. Her eyes when she saw it, were totally worth the crowds and craziness. What can I say? The girl loves pink.

And here are the photos I promised last post. Family ones and a few of the kids from Thanksgiving.

Family portrait session








Thanksgiving Day Photos






No comments: