Thursday, February 28, 2013

February's Over?

How can it be the last day of February already? I know this month is shorter than the rest, but it seems to have flown by. I'm always amazed at how time seems to whiz by now that I have kids. It's almost like I blinked and February was over.

The first weekend, we had our housewarming party. I can't really explain how excited I was for that party. I was just so happy to finally have our own place and somewhere to have friends over. For me, the housewarming party was an opportunity to have our friends and family over and make one memory that would be the beginning of a long line of memories in our home. My mom was totally amazing and got all of the guests to bring a letter of the alphabet (decorated/bought/made however they chose) to hang on the wall in our playroom. So instead of getting a bunch of wine or candles, we got gifts that will remind us of those that came to our party. And the wall is almost finished. We just need to hang up the second half of the alphabet. I'll post pictures when we're done.

The next week was a crazy mix of home life and working and little bit of pleurisy thrown in for good measure. Yep, I was super lucky and got pleurisy (which kind of sounds like some disease from the 1800's or so), but really it meant that my lungs were swollen causing me a lot of pain when I breathed. A does of steroids, and all was well again!

For the last couple of weeks, we've been snowed in and forced to find indoor things to keep us occupied. I mean we got about 20 inches of snow dumped on us in the last 5 days, CRAZY! That meant a good deal of baking and listening to some original performances from sarah. (Her new favorite past time is standing on a chair, belting out some nonsensical song at the top of her lungs.) It's been a bit frustrating at times, but also a lot of fun. I love watching the kids use their imaginations and Sarah's songs are always good for a laugh. WE did go out and play in the snow a couple of times, but Andrew hated it and Sarah loved it. Sarah got to go out and "shovel" or make snow angels with Ryan while I stayed warm inside with Andrew.

So I'm hoping March brings some nicer weather so I can get these kids outside and let them enjoy our new backyard and swingset without 20 minutes of putting on snow gear. Or being outside for 5 minutes and having to come back in because someone hates being cold!

No comments: