Wednesday, March 30, 2016

It's Been A Long While

So much has happened since the last time I updated this little space of mine. For such a long time I used this blog as a pseudo baby book/memory keeper. It was where I came to record cute things the kids said, things I didn't want to forget, and how I was coping with life as a mom of two young kids. But then life happened, and as a busy mom things like this blog got put on the back burner. I was too busy navigating the world of potty training, letter learning, and just preschool life in general to have time to sit and compose my thoughts.

But now, I'm in a different stage. I have a kindergartner (who turns 6 this week!!!), a fairly independent 4 1/2 year old, and a newborn! That's right, we added a third baby into the mix, because we weren't busy enough. And I pick now to come to back to the blog and try to record things again? Yes! It was so nice to have a record of things the bigger kids did that I could come back to and re-read. I'm hoping that I can at least semi-regularly have a chance to sit down and write about life and everything going on.

By no means do I think I have it all figured out now, but I do have a few more years as mom under my belt and I can tell you that the third baby is no where near as scary as the first! And newborn snuggles are amazing! I forgot how tiny and scrunchy and squeaky new babies are.

So this is me, making a commitment, to write for me and my kids. Not to get followers or readers, but to have a record of what life was like in their early years. When they ask me questions about "what was I like when..." I want to have accurate answers. I also want to bottle up these early year memories and cherish them for when the hard times of parenting hit and I need to remember those sweet baby faces and chubby cheeks.

Coming up soon, I'll write all about our newest little addition who is 1 week old today, and a little bit of what's been going on in our lives while I was away from the blog.

No comments: