Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy 2010

This is the year that we get to meet our little Sarah! How exciting. I didn't make any resolutions this year because I figured they wouldn't last long once the baby gets here. I did decide to make sure I work at getting back to a healthy weight once Sarah gets here, but I don't think that counts as a resolution because I'm sure nearly every new mom makes that choice at some point.

We got our 3D ultrasound on the 30th (Wednesday) and it was really neat. Unfortunately Sarah was napping or hiding behind the placenta/cord almost the entire time. The tech let us have a second chance and we did manage to get some cute pictures of her face and a video of her yawning. The cord is in front of her face for part of the video but I think it's so neat anyway!




I also took my glucose test on Wednesday and got the results today. Apparently I ate a few too many sweets before the test because this lucky girl failed! That's right I have to go and retake the test and get my blood drawn four times within three hours. Did I mention my fear of needles before?? Oh well you have to do what it takes. I was also told that I needed to take an additional iron supplement because my iron count was extremely low. Nothing too big there just an extra pill in the morning.



No comments: