Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pediatrician Tomorrow

Sarah has another appointment with her doctor tomorrow.(Today) I am very nervous. At her 2 week check up she was losing weight and we had to switch her to bottle feeding from breast feeding. She is still getting breast milk because I pump every 2 - 3 hours. Now she just gets it in a bottle form so we can measure exactly how many ounces she is getting. She should eat about 2 1/2 ounces each feeding for a total of about 20 ounces a day. So far we have been hitting that. The problem is that my milk supply has just barely been keeping up with her feedings. We have no reserve milk and if she needs something more she has to get formula. We've given her formula only twice though.

I really hope things go well tomorrow! I want to be able to go back to nursing. Of course this means meetings with lactation consultants though. Sarah may never be able to figure out how to re-latch and that's something I have to accept. As long as she is getting breastmilk I guess it's okay. I just want to make sure that we do what's best for her. So here's praying that everything goes well tomorrow!

No comments: