Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer's almost over

and I am sad. I can't believe how quickly it came and went. Oh I know that the weather is still unmistakably summer. I mean it's been over 100 degrees for at least 10 days in a row. Maybe that's why I feel like summer has gone so fast. It's been too hot to take Sarah out. Her soft, sensitive baby skin can't tolerate sunscreen so we have to avoid being out in direct sunlight. Which means that Mama avoids it too.




I used to spend summers outside, either for work or leisure. I walked dogs or lounged by the pool. Now I spend it inside playing silly games and singing songs. Don't get me wrong I've had an enjoyable time, I just wish I could spend more time outdoors. Next summer I will be at the pool with my little girl though. She's already proven that she's a fish. Next summer she'll be a walking, swimming machine. But this summer we have been swimming in the evenings and once in the morning. Or we go to the indoor pool.


The end of summer also means the end of my live in helpers. My sister has practically taken up residence in my apartment to spend as much time with Sarah as possible. Let me tell you that she has been a life saver at times. It's so nice to be able to grab a shower and not worry about when nap time will end. Or to be able to enjoy a meal and use BOTH hands to eat it.


But the end of summer also means the coming of fall and with that a whole bunch of new memories to make with Sarah. Evening walks, going to the zoo, picking out pumpkins, going to the park, and so many more. Not to mention all the cute clothes that she has to wear. Sweaters, hoodies, long sleeve dresses. Yes fall will be good to us. I know it.

My new favorite picture of Sarah! (I took it)

No comments: