Sunday, April 1, 2012

So Long Two Under Two

Today was the last day of having two kids under two years old! I feel like surviving the "two under two" with most of my sanity in tact is a HUGE accomplishment. But to be honest, it was much easier than I anticipated. Yes there were bad days and even worse days, but those weren't nearly as frequent as the good days.

We celebrated in style this weekend. A big Belle birthday party for our girl yesterday. Complete with princess cake, yellow and pink color scheme, and TONS of balloons, paper lanterns, and pom poms.

Cake table

Cakes done by my friend Jamie!
 My wonderful mother in-law hosted the party at her house and went all out for my girl. She did the food (since the party was happening around lunch time) and the decorations. She did a fabulous job with everything and the party was a huge hit with the guests and of course Sarah!

Here she is in her sweet little Belle outfit that my mom managed to find the day before the party at Sam's. I thought it was gorgeous and it went with the party theme PERFECTLY! That skirt makes me so happy, pink lace and totally adorable.


And check out that crazy long ponytail. Turns out the best holder is a real hair tie from my stash and not any of those little cloth or rubber elastic things. And yep, that's a Belle bow. She had pigtails but her after party nap kind of ruined that.


We had a fun day at the park today. Just to celebrate our lazy afternoon and down time before our big day tomorrow. For her actual birthDAY celebration, we're taking a family trip to the zoo! Ryan took the day off work and everything. And our weather here is going to be cooperative. Now that Sarah can identify animals and the noises they make, I think this is going to be an awesome adventure for her and us. 

First time in a swing at the park! Love his sunglasses.

Big girl going down the slide.

Yummy.

Ryan and I got Sarah this water bottle for her birthday and she insists on taking it around with her everywhere. It was cracking me up at the park today.

My climber.

Tomorrow, there should be a post about how I can't believe I'm the mom of a two year old. But for now, I am off to get ready for bed!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I am so not ready for my little one to be two. I'm having a hard time thinking she won't be one anymore. The party looks like it was a lot of fun.