Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It's Been A Long Time

I haven't blogged in awhile because, well life happened. Two kids Two mobile kids, house hunting, life groups, play groups, play dates, errands; the list goes on and on. The truth is I was feeling really stretched thin and like we had two many things going on, and blogging didn't even enter my mind.

Now that I feel like we are on a good routine again, I am hoping to pick back up and hopefully be a bit more regular with my posting.  But here's a quick run down of what's been going on with us since I last updated!

Andrew walks! And I don't mean he toddles, takes a few steps, wobbles a bit more, and then falls. This kid is fast. He can be halfway across the house in the thirty seconds it takes to toss something in the trash. He can also climb stair cases and has some weird obsession with playing in bathrooms. Both not a good thing. But it does mean that when I don't see him in the immediate vicinity, he's pretty easy to find. Oh and just a few days ago, he figured out the running thing. It's a whole new ballgame when your kids can both run away from you, in opposite directions, at the same time. *Sigh*

I had a birthday! I'm now 26 years old and I don't feel any wiser, enlightened, or any of those things that are supposed to come with age. In fact I feel a whole lot of "what the heck am I doing?" I hear that's pretty normal though. As a mom of two little ones, there's a lot of making things up as I go and a lot of mistakes too. But the joy of little kids, is that to them, you are always Super Mommy. The one who may get frustrated and feel like pulling out your hair, but also the one who swoops in and kisses boo boos, fixes meals, plays silly games, and makes the kiddos laugh. So I'm another year older and I'm pretty stoked to see where this next year takes me.

We're house hunting! It's official! We hope to find something soon and be in a house before the end of the year, but those are hopes. Luckily, we are in a place where we are able to take our time and find the house that fits our needs. Buying a house is such a "grown up" thing to do and it's kind of a daunting task. Finding the place where my kids will have their first memories, the place where we'll live for at least 5-7 years, the place that is home. But I am ready for the challenge of finding this house and making it ours!

And on top of those things, we've had a heck of a time just living. Life with two toddlers, well it's crazy busy, a lot of fun, and often a bit frustrating! I'll be back with a picture post and Andrew 12 month update!


No comments: