Friday, September 27, 2013

Happy Fall

We have officially switched seasons! Or at least the calendar tells me we have and you know the influx of all things pumpkin is another sign. It's still pretty hot outside, although you can tell that the weather change is right around the corner. Right now we are in the weird phase where mornings are pretty chilly but by mid-afternoon everyone is ready for shorts and tank tops. I am anxiously awaiting sweater weather. I just want it to cool off and stay cool, but I can deal without having frigid temperatures just yet.

My birthday was almost two weeks ago. So now I am officially 27 years old! Although if I'm honest, I don't really feel any older than I did in high school. Sometimes I feel like a kid pretending to be an adult, but somehow I remember it being a lot more fun when I was younger. This paying bills, having a job, and raising kids thing is pretty hard at times.

But back to the birthday, I had a great day and was completely spoiled by my family. Having a large family on both sides makes birthdays more fun to celebrate. There's more people, more food, more conversation, and just more enjoyment all around. Anyway, I guess one way that I can tell I am getting older is that instead of getting anything fancy/frivolous I asked for a new toilet. The one in our main guest bathroom was original to the house and was definitely on its last leg. It needed multiple flushings, had the flapper replaced a few times and you had to hold the handle down. Needless to say it made life with a potty trainer a little difficult. So I got a new toilet from my husband and I couldn't be any happier about it!

Our September has been pretty eventful. Besides my birthday, I have been working a little more than usual to start putting some extra cash away for Christmas. And I went to a K-State football and watched my Wildcats win, while melting in the extreme heat. But I had a bunch of fun! We've also been having a few game nights here and there with our friends which has made us feel like real people and not just worn down parents. It's amazing what some time with friends can do for you. My moms group at church started back up and this year I am a table leader. On top of that I am in a Bible study that I am really excited about. I can't wait to see how these things unfold this year. Sarah and Andrew like being back in a more structured routine. It's good for everyone. A regular bedtime, regular wake up, regular naps. Predictability is now something that my kiddos thrive on and I think it's about time! And we've thrown in a few fun things, like going to see The Little Mermaid in theaters (it was interactive with an IPad) and getting bunches of new dress up clothes to play pretend with!

The kids are loving the weather lately. It makes for great outdoor playing because by the time it gets super hot, we are inside for naps. I am really stoked to do fun fall things with them this year. Like apple picking and pumpkin patches!  But we celebrated the official first day of fall with a little bit of crafting!

Andrew's is on the right and Sarah's is on the left.

And because a post wouldn't be complete without a few pictures, here you go!







No comments: