Monday, May 3, 2010

A happier note

My last post seemed so depressing. I promise that I'm not always like that. It was just one of those moments. You know the kind where you are at your wits' end because the baby won't stop crying, you can't remember the last time you ate or showered, and to top it off one of the dogs knocked over the trash can. (Yeah it was one of those days.)

In other news, Ryan and I have almost finished moving to our new apartment! I absolutely love it here. I feel like we have more space to spread out and really live and be a family. We gained about 200 sq feet which is a lot in the world of apartments. We plan on being here for a couple of years at least so I am looking forward to making it seem like more of a home rather than a rental. I can't wait to pick out paint colors and wall hangings and the like. We had those at the old place, but somehow it's much more exciting here. Granted it will be a gradual process, because while I stay home with Sarah all day I still haven't been able to accomplish more than having us both clean and fed when Ryan gets home from work.

Speaking of Sarah, our little girl celebrated her one month birthday yesterday! I can't believe we have been blessed with her for that long already. Sometimes I feel like it has just been one day since we came home from the hospital. God has truly granted us a little angel. I am so lucky to be this girl's mom and to share the joys of parenting with Ryan. It's been amazing watching him parent. Seeing him be a dad is something I don't think my heart will ever tire of.


I'm hoping that we get into a routine sometime soon. I didn't think I was one who liked structure but living with an infant has taught me that I do in fact miss it. The only predictability in my life right now is that my little girl will most definitely want to eat about every three hours, and that's perfectly okay for now. We are more than a little scattered right now. There is STUFF everywhere from the move. Boxes, baskets, and totes of stuff! And I thought we did a good job of downsizing. That doesn't even cover the stuff that we still have left to move over from the old place. Oh well, it's what makes life fun! The spontaneity and chaos that is. If everything were structured and routine I'm sure I'd be begging for some disorder. The only things that matter are my daughter, my husband, and my dogs. We are all under one roof and happy!

No comments: