|Newborn pics in the hospital!|
Anyway to celebrate his six months of life, we went to the pediatrician! I know, so exciting right? Andrew currently weighs 17 lbs (50%) and is 26 inches long (45%). His head is in the 95th percentile which is about a 40% jump from last visit. (Sarah's head did the same thing at her 6 month appointment, so I'm not worried at all. Plus I kinda have a huge head too.)
Things he can do now:
- Sit with support and he can sit unassisted for a few seconds at a time
- Yell and scream at as
- Blow raspberries
- Suck his toes
- Hold and play with toys like teething rings and small rattle-y things
- Chomp down on anything within reach of his mouth (cutting teeth is hard work!)
- Roll both directions
- Laugh and smile all the time
- He reaches out for Sarah which generally gets a positive reaction but sometimes she yells for him to let go of her
- He has become much more aware of things going on around him. Sights and sounds easily distract him which has made nursing a bit more tedious.
- Our dogs have caught his attention.
- "Stand up" when someone holds his arms
- Big blue eyes that are much lighter in color than Sarah's were
- One dimple in his right cheek
- Wearing size 3 diapers
- In 9 month clothes, but some 12 month things fit him so we'll be shifting sizes soon
- 2 1/2 teeth (one is just starting to poke through) all on the bottom. No top teeth yet.
I love having this little guy in our lives, such happy and wonderful addition to our family!
6 months old and blowing raspberries at the camera