Thursday, February 9, 2012

When's the Right Time?

Lately we've been having some sleep issues with Sarah. It used to be that we could do bath, brush teeth, say prayers, tell her we love her, and then put her in her crib. And we would all sleep peacefully until the morning. At least usually.

But now that's not the case.We put her in bed at her normal bedtime (9:00 - 9:30) and she stays up for hours kicking, playing, talking, and doing who knows what. There have been nights when she's stayed up until midnight or later. I have no idea why she's doing this. Nothing has changed in our routine. This morning she decided to have a mini party from 4 - 6 am. She kept saying "Mommy, Mommy, MOOOOMMMY." So I would go in and she'd look at me smiling and say "Hi, Mommy." Not cool at all little one, not cool!

So I began to wonder if maybe she was done with her crib. Maybe she's staying up out of protest? We are at almost 2 years old now and I know she can't stay in a crib forever. So when is the right time to move her? I obviously have some reservations because I don't want her up all night playing in her room. But then again she's already tried climbing out and I don't want her to get hurt. And I have Andrew to consider as well.

I mean Andrew is in a Nap Nanny, in a Pack N Play in our room. Because of his reflux it was recommended he sleep on an incline. But pretty soon he's going to be sitting up on his own and needing something a little more stable and permanent. And I don't really want two cribs especially with our move in April. So how did you know your kiddo was ready to move? And how was the transition?

No comments: