Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Mind Dump

  1. Snow is pretty, but the cold weather makes me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket, book, and my kiddos. (Obviously a dream of mine. Let's be real, Sarah would never just sit and cuddle while I read her a story without MAJOR protesting.)
  2. My daughter is super creative. She's named a lot of her dolls and her seahorse. We have Baby Mit-Do (no idea where this name came from), Baby Codie (after Aunt Codie), Baby Yellow (baby Belle doll who is dressed in yellow), Blue Belle (another Belle doll in a blue dress), and the seahorse? It's named Cup. And yes she keeps them all straight.
  3. I value my sleep. After last night's drama, I promise to go to bed earlier for at least the next few days. Andrew was up ALL night. He was wanting to eat, then choking due to a clogged up nose, then puking, then crying, then wanting to eat, then wanting to play. It was EXHAUSTING! He finally fell asleep around 6:30 am after Ryan suctioned out his nose and he could eat and breathe at the same time. Then he stayed asleep for about 3 hours and luckily Sarah slept in too. So I'm operating on about 4 hours of sleep today.
  4. Being sick really sucks! Especially when it seems like the never ending sickness. One day it's just a runny nose on one of the kids, and the next everyone has hacking coughs, congestion, sore throats, and no voices. We are more than ready to be healthy again. 
  5. Our new thermometer kind of rocks. It's this one. I got tired of trying to get temps underarms or losing the little oral thermometers. So my wonderful husband went out and bought a new one that's much more practical for wiggly little kiddos! I may or may not be obsessed with taking temperatures just because I can.
  6. Back to the snow. I want to take Sarah out to play in it, but only for pictures. It's the first real snow of the winter and I am fairly certain she would want to come back in after a few minutes. And there's not much to play in, just enough to cover the ground. Maybe when Daddy gets home...
  7. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and as commercialized as it is, I love it! It's a day devoted to love. No need to buy into gimmicks, just spend some time with the one(s) you love. It also marks 5 years since Ryan proposed. And my loving husband took the day off work to help me out with the kids! Love that he thought ahead to what would be most helpful for me!

No comments: