Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Full Term!

We made it to full term. 37 weeks is considered full term medically and I have to say that I am so relieved to have gotten here. It seems so surreal that in about three weeks or so we are going to have a little baby to take care of! I am ready to meet her and see what she looks like and to start figuring out her personality!

I felt like my pregnancy has truly flown by. I remember very clearly finding out that I was pregnant way back in July. Now in just a few weeks I will get to see the little girl whose heartbeat I have grown to love and whose wiggling has at times driven me crazy! Everyone says that feeling the baby move is an awesome, joyous thing. I have to say that while it is those things, it can be more than a little annoying when you are trying to sleep. I'm sure I will miss having this close connection with Sarah when she gets here though.

Because I am officially full term, I am more than willing to try anything to get this baby out! Last night Ryan and I went out to have a dinner together as a couple. It could have been our last outing as a family of two. Who knows? I had eggplant Parmesan which is said to bring on labor so we shall see. I have also started walking a little bit each day to get her to drop. However I get winded much earlier than I ever have. So the walking isn't going as well as I like. So be watching for updates because Baby Sarah could show up any day now!!!

P.S. I lost 3 lbs at my last appointment. Which is good because last week I was up 6 lbs in one week which means that it was because of water retention and swelling from my high blood pressure. The blood pressure issue appears to have resolved itself. 

No comments: