Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good news and bad

Well I had my weekly appointment today, and it wasn't the usual five minute thing. I had some swelling over the weekend and it turns out that it's probably related to my elevated blood pressure. I also gained 6 lbs in one week!!! They took my blood pressure twice to make sure they had it right. It was 132 over 85 I think. Or something similar. Mine is usually like 90 over 60. So really high for me. If it gets over 140 then it's classified as preeclampsia.

If it does get that high we will start talking inductions. But my doctor isn't too worried and told me just to stay off my feet as much as possible. I was also measuring at 35 weeks instead of 36. She said that was fine too. The positive was that my group B strep test was negative! In other not so good news, I have to get another internal next week. :(

No comments: