Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Recap

So this weekend was full of activity and fun! From Friday to Sunday, we were busy busy busy. I have to say it's unusual for us to have such a structured and planned weekend. Sarah and I generally just bum around the house and follow a loose schedule, which works well for us. But back to the weekend...

Friday I took Sarah on her first trip to the zoo! Ryan's parents had gone out of town for the weekend and we were taking care of his younger brothers. So they came along as well as my siblings and a friend of mine. She helped me wrangle all those kids. Our zoo is rather large and it takes nearly all day to get through it. We were there for over 5 hours! Sarah did so well. She didn't cry at all while we were there and took a pretty decent nap in the stroller. (I mean like half of the zoo trip she was asleep.) We got to see everything from polars bears to zebras. It was a stressful day but it was worth it. My girl loved getting to see the chimps. She got a little frustrated over the fact that she wasn't able to pet them though.




Saturday we got to sleep in for a bit, and then we headed over to my parents' house. We helped my dad with his campaign and ended up spending all afternoon and evening over there. My parents love getting to see Sarah and we got to enjoy an awesome dinner of Chipotle (I love this place) with my family and a couple of friends.  We also ended up having an impromptu photo of Miss Sarah at the park. She loves swinging and apparently thinks that leaves are pretty tasty. She also has a thing for ripping up the crunchy leaves so she can hear them crunch as they fall apart. It was pretty cute she just balled them up in her little fist and squeezed and then smiled.

This turned out to be our least busy day. We didn't have to give rides to anyone or take care of any younger brothers. Ryan's other brother had come home from college to take over caring for the boys for us.

Sunday was another activity packed day. We went to church in the morning and then got to watch a couple from our bible study dedicate their child. It was such a nice ceremony and it made me remember doing it for Sarah and just how important that was. After the dedication we went to lunch and had a good time getting to know the people in our life group a little better. Soon it was time to head back to my parents for BBQ pulled pork. YUM! We left Sarah with my sister while we headed back to church to help out with the kids and student ministry. However I had no three year olds show up in my classroom and got to go home. I was kind of disappointed but it was nice to come home and spend the evening with my baby.

Speaking of Sarah she has developed separation anxiety and it makes me so sad to hear her crying when I have to leave her. It's been progressing slowly, but now she only lets a few people besides me hold her. Sometimes she doesn't even allow that, if someone picks her up she starts leaning out of their arms to get back to me. She also has two teeth poking through on the bottom, but there won't be pictures of them for a while. One reason is that they are barely visible and the second one being that she sticks her tongue out and covers them whenever I try to see them.

Well Sarah is up from her nap so it's time to end this really long post!

No comments: