Thursday, January 12, 2012

Appreciate

I've decided that's my word for 2012. Appreciate. No resolutions that I won't remember in another few weeks, just one word. I really want to take the time this year to look around and realize how truly blessed I am in my life. I have two wonderful little people in my life and a strong marriage to a great man. Those 3 things right there make my life something to appreciate, even without all of the material things we are blessed with.

2011 was a great year and it brought so many joys with it! But I found myself wishing for a lot of things also. You know the I wish we had's ... more money, a bigger car, a newer TV, more space to live in, etc. Isn't that just human nature though? To always want more of what we have and if possible a better version of it. So I'm going to strive to fully appreciate everything I have in 2012. It's going to be hard sometimes, I know that. Especially since we are looking for a place to move to soon. (Our lease ends at the end of April and we've decided not to renew it... trusting God that we made the right decision and that He'll guide us to the right home.)

As a stay at home mom, it's really easy to get wrapped up in everyday life/stress and forget how much of a blessing it is to be home with your kids, watching them grow and learn. Sometimes the missed naps, the 100th poopy diaper, the whining, or the lack of personal space seem to be the only things in your life. But instead of focusing on those things, I want to appreciate my kids for who they are not just what they do during the day. Like how Sarah wants to help me with EVERYTHING. Seriously she throws away diapers, dusts, helps with laundry! I hope she keeps it up in her teen years. She is such a smart, beautiful, and caring girl. I love her to bits. And Andrew, that boy totally has my heart. He's such a loving snuggle bug! And I need to really start appreciating my marriage more. I love the man I married, and all the little things like chores and disagreements are not things to be focused on. He loves me, takes care of me and our children financially, and totally cherishes our kiddos! So 2012, I'm gonna appreciate everything you give me, bring my way, and show me!

No comments: