Saturday, September 18, 2010

Birthday Recap

My family does birthdays right! They knew exactly how to make the day special without going over the top and it was such a fun day. It started off with my little bit sleeping until 9:00 before she even wanted her first bottle. Talk about AMAZING! That was a gift in and of itself. Then my wonderful mother in-law took Sarah for the afternoon so Ryan and I could have a lunch/shopping date. We went to the mall and Chipotle so it wasn't anything extravagant. Just the fact that I was able to spend some one on one time with him is what made it special.
While at the mall we stopped in Barnes and Noble (AKA heaven on Earth), I am such a huge reader and love getting new books. So after being prompted by my sister and a friend, I decided to pick up The Hunger Games. It was a great book. It's not my usual genre of book, so I was kind of wary, but I loved it and bought the other two books in the trilogy the next day. I told you I loved reading. I am now on the third book and all I can say is Suzanne Collins is a gifted author.

So anyway after our afternoon date, we went and picked up Sarah Bear from Grandma's and headed over to my parents' house to get ready for the dinner/party. We had salmon, asparagus, and mango salsa. It was SO delicious. Then of course we had the presents and cake. My family really spoiled me by getting me gift cards for things like pedicures and mall shopping. Since becoming a mom, I feel guilty spending money on myself a lot of times. So my wonderful family made it possible for me to pamper myself guilt free! Ryan even made me some awesome coupons for things like diaper changes, middle of the night feeds, and baby free time. This is one happy girl! So my 24th year has started out wonderfully and I can't wait to see what all is in store for the rest of it.

No comments: