Thursday, May 19, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Since becoming a stay at home mom, I have lost my appreciation of a relaxing day at home. If, for some reason Sarah is at Grandma's and I have no errands or appointments, I clean like mad. Other times when it's just Sarah and I at home, I am dying to get out of the apartment because if we stay there one more minute we'll die of boredom! You can ask my husband, I'm always wanting to go out and do something. But I am happy to say that today was not like that. 

Sarah and I have had a BUSY week. Monday we had MOPS, Tuesday was full of errands, and Wednesday was play date combined with a little shopping and then dinner out. So when I looked at my schedule and saw that not one thing was scheduled for today, I was actually happy! The fact that today has been dark and rainy, made me even more excited to stay in.

So what did we do today? Well for starters, we stayed in our pajamas for a good portion of the day. Sarah woke up and really didn't want to do much but cuddle with me on the couch. I was more than happy to comply, because her snuggles are becoming more scarce as she gets bigger. Then we had breakfast and soon Sarah was ready to go back to sleep. There's something about rainy days that makes my girl sleepy and if I'm truly honest, I sometimes look forward to rainy days for that reason.

After her morning nap (and mine) we set up a picnic on the living room floor. I laid out a blanket and broke out some cheese and crackers and the restaurant leftovers from last night. Sarah actually stayed sitting on the blanket and ate a good portion! I was impressed, considering that when we have picnics with our play group she can barely sit long enough to get a cracker! After lunch, we just played together until she wanted to go down for another nap. And now, here Mama sits blogging while Sarah sleeps. 

Sometimes, everyone needs a rainy day to remind them of the good things in life. For me, those good things are my family, my home, and the ability to stay in my pajamas all day if I want to! What are yours?

No comments: