Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Little Talker

At 16 months, Sarah's verbal skills have totally taken off. I swear she adds a handful of new words to her vocabulary every day. Sometimes I'm so surprised at how well she communicates, I forget that she isn't even a year and a half yet! Here are some of her newest words

  • Help Me
  • Ummy (Yummy)
  • Hewwo (Hello)
  • Hi Baby
  • Eyes
  • Shoes
  • Keys
  • Mou (Mouth)
  • Tee (Teeth)
  • Toes
  • Nose
  • Nigh Nigh (Night Night)
  • Nana (Banana)
  • Snack (Fruit Snacks)
  • Raisin
  • El-a-bee (Elephant)
  • Gi-aff (Giraffe)
  • Trash
  • Blue (Blue's Clues) Most of the time she just grabs the TV remote and says Puppy Please
  • Yucky/Ucky
  • Caw (Car)
  • All Gone
  • Milk
  • Hun-ry (Hungry)
  • Papa (My Dad)
  • She's also starting to say something that sounds similar to Grandma sometimes it's Gaga other time it's Mamaw 
Not only is her spoken language improving everyday, but so is what she understands. I don't feel like I have no one to talk to during the day anymore, because Sarah can say and understand so much. If I ask her to pick something up, she will (most of the time). Or if I tell her to get another book or to get something from her room she usually will do that too. She's started coming into the kitchen with me and showing me what she wants to eat by pointing to it or asking for it. It's really crazy to see how much she changes everyday! My little baby is so big now and she's such a motor mouth!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! My son isn't 15 months yet and just still baby babbling. No real words yet. He's just a screamer/noise maker!

I have read that sometimes boys are less likely to start talking but I would so love if W. said at least 1/4 of those words! LOL

Lindsey said...

It's a lot of fun when they start talking! I'm amazed by how much Sarah talks especially since she is an only (for now) child and not in daycare.

But don't worry, once they start talking it totally takes off!