Anyway both kids are pretty healthy! Sarah is getting over Hand, Foot, and Mouth. She still has a few lingering blisters on her feet, but we are out of the contagious stage. It was pretty tough going at first though. We weren't sure if she was teething, sick, or both. She just had this really weird rash on her bottom (which we attributed to a teething rash) and kept sticking her fingers in her mouth. Well apparently she was doing that because of the yucky and painful sores that developed in her mouth! She was totally inconsolable and both Ryan and I were at a loss as to what we should do. But like I said, she's getting over it and her case was only a mild one. I would have hated to see a severe one!
The pediatrician was happy with both kids and said they are both growing well and right on track if not advanced developmentally. Our girl is a dainty little thing, and Mr. Andrew? Well he's a bit of a porker!
- 31 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
- 22 lbs exactly (20th percentile)
- Size 4 diapers
- Mostly 18 month clothes but still in some 12 months
- Size 5 shoes
- Learning new words every day. Her vocab is growing at a ridiculous rate! One of my new favorites it gorgeous pronounced Gaw-Jus. Her sheet from the pediatrician said she should understand 50 words and say at least 3. Well, Sarah easily has 50 words in her vocab now and can understand a lot more than that.
- She absolutely loves kissing and hugging on Andrew. (Ah-NEW)
- She can name a lot of her body parts and show you where they are. Her favorite is knee.
- She's showing mild interest in the potty, but after those first two times of going in the potty she totally could care less about it. Even if we offer M&M's. So I'm not going to push it.
- Haven't weaned off the paci yet, but we are limiting it as much as possible. I'm just not ready for the crazy sleepless nights that will happen if we take away her "Bebe".
Andrew's Stats: Keep in mind that he was 6 weeks old and not the average 8 weeks which means that had we waited until he was exactly two months, his percentiles would probably have been higher
- 11 lb 9.6 oz (85%)
- 22 1/4 inches (50%)
- Size 1 diapers
- 0-3 month clothing
- Raises his head whenever he's on his tummy and often times tries to fling himself out of your arms with how much he moves
- Started to suck on his hands and thumbs
- Has slept 6 hours straight for about a week in a row and then will wake up every two hours again
- Smiling and starting to coo!! (It's a cute sound)
- Makes the most adorable noise when he yawns