Thursday, October 20, 2011

Two Months

Happy two month "birthday" to my big boy Andrew! It's been 8 1/2 weeks since the little guy entered our family, and things seem to have calmed down a bit! I feel like life has settled into some type of routine, loose as it may be. There's a bit more predictability to our days, which is a good things for all of us! And I'm happy to report that laundry still gets done, dishes get washed, and we make it out of the house at least 3 out of the 5 weekdays!

At two months Andrew is:
  • in size 1 diapers. (He's been in them since about two weeks old!)
  • eating ALL the time! Seriously, sometimes I feel like all he does is eat, take a nap (10 minutes) and then eat again! He is gaining weight and growing like crazy though, so I guess I can't fault him. In all reality, he eats at least 10 times a day (24 hours) if not more. 
  • well on his way to becoming an even bigger boy. He has to weigh over 12 pounds by now. I'm going to try and weigh him later today and find out for sure. Carrying him in the infant carrier is truly an upper body workout!
  • sleeping well at night. He usually gives me a 5-6 hour chunk of uninterrupted sleep from 2:00 - 7:00 or 8:00 am. It's great! But now that I've bragged about his amazing sleep skills, I'm sure we'll have an all nighter!
  • refusing to take pacifiers! I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing. On one hand, it means we won't have to wean him off of it later. On the other hand, it means that the only thing that will comfort him about 90% of the time is me/food. It can be kind of taxing.
  • usually able to put himself to sleep. If I set him down for a nap, or put him to bed awake, he will take about 10 minutes to settle down (not crying just grunting and wiggling) and then he's out. The first time he did that, I wanted to shout from the rooftops that my baby had put himself to sleep. (This was something we never really figured out with Sarah, you live and learn I guess.)
  • tolerating tummy time pretty well. He can raise his head and chest off the ground when he wants to and has fairly decent head control. He wiggles from side to side when laid on his back or tummy, and often looks like he may roll over, but he hasn't reached it yet! No worries from this Mama, I'm totally okay with him staying immobile for a while. (Not that I don't want him to reach milestones, but if he is less mobile than Sarah was as an infant, I would love it!)
  • wearing mostly 0-3 month clothing. He has a few larger newborn things that he can still fit into, but the majority of things are 0 - 3 months. 
And since it is a Thursday, I will grace you all with things I don't want to forget about him!
  • The first one is a great memory from yesterday! Andrew has acid reflux and he spits up, like a lot! Anyway I was standing in the living room, holding him with his head on my shoulder and he spit up down my arm. No big deal, I asked Sarah to bring me some wipes. She walked over to me with them and that's when I realized Andrew had not only gotten me, but her as well! He spit up past me and onto poor Sarah's head. She had spit up dripping down her little forehead. Cue afternoon bath time!
  •  All of the adorable little half smiles and his big, happy, toothless grins. He's a happy, smily baby and I never tire of his face.
  • His burrito wrap. Somehow a swaddled baby always looks so cute and cozy! And now that we have some awesome Aden & Anais blankets to fit our little chunker in, he sleeps much better! Fewer wiggles.
  • The milk coma face! Such a sweet sight to see a baby with a full belly, totally passed out! That's when you know everything is good in their world!
  • Cooing! He makes the most adorable little noises when he's awake. My favorite is when he yawns! It melts my heart every time.
  • How much Sarah loves him! She's constantly kissing him and asking to "Uck" (hug) him. I'm so glad we have very few jealousy issues.
  • Our swing and bouncy seat our complete life savers. For a baby with reflux, you can't set them flat after eating. Lucky for us Andrew loves the swing and bouncer and is content to stay there.
  • The way he snuggles into me after finishing a night feed and falls asleep on my chest. LOVE IT! I honestly think there is nothing better in life than snuggling a sleeping/sleepy baby!
  • The way he "sings" in his sleep. He makes little humming noises and they are so nice to listen to!
  • All of his cute little sleepers. I love a baby in footy pj's! And I love that it is totally acceptable to take a baby out in public in them! 

No comments: