Anyway here is a little about my little guy!
- Andrew is currently in size 3 diapers. The size 2's were digging into his chunky thighs but the size 3's are so big on him. They go up way past his belly button, but they fit around his thighs.
- He can "tripod sit" for a little bit at a time. Which means that if his arms are out in front of him while sitting he can be up for about 15 - 20 seconds at a time. Hence the "tripod".
- He is finally showing interest in trying to roll over. He's gotten up onto his side a couple of times but can't quite figure out how to get all the way over. But at least tummy time isn't always turned into a nap. Oh and Sarah loves it when Andrew does tummy time. She calls it "tubby time" and lays on the floor with him.
- The jumperoo is a new toy for us. He absolutely loves the spinny ball on it and Sarah likes to "help" him bounce. Andrew doesn't quite reach the floor so we put a pillow under the jumperoo.
- Andrew has discovered he has a voice and is making LOTS of noises now! He yells, coos, and laughs. He loves to "talk" at you and to you. And if you nod and smile and make noises back he will go on forever.
- He's reaching for toys on the play gym now and loves his vibrating frog.
- Our bouncy seat has officially been retired. He no longer likes to chill out in there but still enjoys swinging.
- A new name for Andrew could be "the hulk". He likes to bust out of his swaddle at night, and sometimes the blanket ends up over his face. Not good, so we are attempting to wean him off of it. So he went to bed and napped sans swaddle today (well really yesterday but I haven't gone to bed yet.)
- Andrew can put himself to sleep!! He is generally a happy baby so when he gets a little grunty/whiny and he's fed and changed I just go put him in his nap nanny.Within a few minutes he's out! Such a new and welcome experience for me! He is a GREAT sleeper, especially compared to Sarah at this age.
- He is constantly chewing and sucking on his hands and drooling like crazy.
- The first tooth is fairly visible so I had to say goodbye to his sweet gummy smile. The second one is on its way.
- He smiles and laughs all the time. He is such a sweet baby with a gentle and loving disposition.
- His Papa Greg (my dad) is one of his favorite people! He loves being held by my dad and talking to him.
- Baths are hit and miss. Sometimes he loves them and sometimes he hates them.
- We are still breastfeeding and don't have any plans to start solids for at least another month. He's growing great and I don't really want to mess with solids just yet.
- And last but not least, he's still a great little snugglebug. Nothing makes him (and me) happier than getting to snuggle up with Mama. He really just likes to cozy on in and make himself comfortable, I love it! Although now that he's getting heavier it's not as easy as it used to be.
So happy four months to my little guy! It's been great and I can't wait to spend more time with you!