Tuesday, February 23, 2010

35/35

Today marks 35 weeks of being pregnant. That also means there are only 35 days until our due date!! It's so close now! I am so ready to meet Sarah I can barely contain my excitement. Back in July when I first found out I was pregnant, this point of pregnancy seemed a long way away. I could barely imagine what it would be like to have a big belly, let alone try and envision what my future child might look and who they would be. Now all I think about is whose features she will have and if she will have my stubborn streak or Ryan's patience.

We had our first weekly appointment today, complete with my first internal exam. Let's just say that it's a good thing I like my OB because if I didn't this appointment would have made me really dislike her. It was more than a little uncomfortable. Luckily she was quick and understanding. The best part about the appointment was that my doctor did say the internals are kind of optional unless I have been having lots of contractions or other labor signs. I don't have to have them at every appointment.

We toured the maternity ward last Monday and it was a great experience. I am very content with our choice of hospitals. The labor and recovery rooms are great and I agree with most of their policies. The visitors policy is slightly strict due to flu season but I have a feeling that I will appreciate having a visitor limitation after the baby is born so that I don't get overwhelmed.

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain? 35 lbs
How big is baby? 5 1/2 lbs or more
Maternity clothes? yep
Stretch marks? yes :( on my thighs but not my tummy
Sleep? On my side or sitting up. I miss sleeping on my back.
Best moment this week? Seeing my friends in Manhattan and sharing the baby bump with them.
Movement? Tons! Sometimes I think she is practicing yoga or soccer. She seems to try and break Mommy's ribs a lot.
Food cravings? Whatever is on TV usually looks good. I try not to give in too much. I want to eat healthy these last few weeks, so it's easier to eat healthy when Sarah gets here.
Labor signs? No, but a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions when I overdo it.
Belly button in or out? Still flat surprisingly, unless Sarah is wiggling right behind it or I laugh.
What I miss? Sleeping on my back
What I'm looking forward to? Meeting our daughter. I am so impatient!
Milestone? Our 35/35 marker!

No comments: