Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dreams

So I am beginning to really believe that pregnancy causes some vivid dreams! Several times in the past few weeks I have woken up thinking that my dream was something that just happened. The latest was a few days ago.

I had a very realistic picture of going into labor and giving birth to Sarah! It started out with my water breaking in our bed (a small fear that I have). Then Ryan and I headed to the hospital calling our moms on the way. My mom didn't answer and his mom did. She was there for the birth and my mom made it right before Sarah made her debut. She was born at 5:16 AM. So now I am really curious to see if any of this is going to be true for our baby! This dream felt so real that I woke up and went into Sarah's room totally expecting to see a newborn sleeping in the crib. It's funny the tricks your mind can play on you.


Total topic switch. I have come to the realization that I am so BLESSED to be able to stay at home and enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I have been reading about all these women stressing out over maternity leave and if they should go back to work at all. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with this. When I lost my job at 8 weeks pregnant I thought it was going to be the end of the world. I looked around for several months but no one was really willing to hire a pregnant woman who may or may not come back to work after the baby was born. Eventually I did find a seasonal sales position for the Christmas season which allowed us to add to our savings.

Luckily we are able to make ends meet with only Ryan working and I can stay home and take care of the house and sleep when I am able. (During the day because night time sleep is a thing of the past.) I have a very understanding husband. He never pressured me into taking a job just so I would be working. He wanted me to find something I loved to do or to stay home. I struggled with feeling like I wasn't contributing to our family for some time but he made me see that I was being silly. My contribution was making sure our baby was growing healthy.

I have plans to be a stay at home mom (SAHM) after Sarah is born for at least a year or more. I truly feel that I am lucky and more than that blessed. God really is providing for us in the best way for our family!

No comments: