Friday, July 2, 2010

Sarah's 3 Month Update

My baby is officially three months old today! I can't believe that we have gone from this
to this.




She has changed so much in such a short amount of time. And it's not just her that has changed, but me too. I honestly don't know what I did with all of my time before she arrived. I love being her mother despite the fact that I sometimes get overwhelmed or grumpy when Sarah is having a bad day or being extra clingy. She has
brought out so much good in me and showed me the meaning of patience. I never thought I could be so calm and collected when an infant was screaming. I just patiently look for the answer to her problem. Anyway enough about me, here are some things about my sweet baby girl.

Sarah's "Stats"

  • She has great head control now but does bobble when she gets really excited. Her Gramps (my dad) calls her a bobblehead when she does that and she thinks it's so funny.
  • She coos and babbles a lot. She even yells when she really wants your attention or is very angry about something. She has started making this funny gargling sound too.
  • Tummy time is no longer her mortal enemy. She tolerates it and can push herself up fairly well. She raises her head and chest up with her little arms. 
  • She supports her weight on her legs when being held. It's so fun to watch her "stand".
  • She likes to be moving constantly. This means she herself is wiggling or the person holding her is bouncing or walking with her.
  • Bath time is a favorite activity. She likes to splash and kick in the water.
  • She really likes toys now. She hates being bored. Her play-mat is one of her favorite things.
  • "Colors of the Wind" is her favorite song. Seriously I don't think we could be in the car for more than five minutes if I didn't have this on a CD. She instantly calms down as soon as she hears the intro.
  • She still loves to lay on the table and kick and play.
  • Her laugh is changing from a little cough-like sound to more of a real one.
  • Her bottles are between 5 and 7 ounces now. She eats them slowly over time totaling about 30-35 ounces a day.
  • She likes swinging in her swing and doesn't immediately go to sleep when in it
I am planning on trying a 3 month photo shoot tomorrow so be on the lookout for those!

No comments: