Thursday, February 3, 2011

10 Months

Sarah's 10 month "birthday" was yesterday! I cannot believe that in two short months we will be celebrating her birthday! It's crazy to think that I am a mom of an almost one year old. It's time to start party planning. I'm thinking butterflies... It seems like she just got here. I know I write that every time I do a monthly update on her, but it's so true. I wonder if I will ever stop feeling that way. (Maybe when she's a teen with a big attitude.)
Anyway here are a few facts about her this month.

  • She's still in size 3 diapers, has been for 4 months or so. We may move up soon though.
  • SHE WALKS EVERYWHERE! Crawling is used very rarely now a days. She prefers walking to any mode of transportation.
  • This cold weather makes her happy. Seriously she smiles every time the wind hits her face or when we are walking to the car. This obviously comes from her father. (See my previous post about snow days.)
  • We are currently experiencing attachment cycles. For two or three days all she wants is Mommy, then Daddy, then Aunt Codie. It's sweet but can get a little overwhelming.
  • Even though she's in the 40th percentile for weight and 48th for height she's rapidly outgrowing clothes. She wears 12 month pants and shirts mostly. With a few 9 month and 6 - 9 month things thrown in.
  • Laundry baskets, boxes, and tags are the most interesting things ever invented.
  • She still eats three solid meals a day with more table foods thrown in. She loved guacamole when she tried it the other day.
  • She claps anytime she hears someone say "yay" or hears applause on TV. She also claps whenever she takes a bite of food. (Maybe because we cheer her on so she will eat.) She nods when asked questions and it's SO cute. 
  • Her hair is coming in thicker! It's got curls!
  • Sarah has at least 6 teeth. I say at least, because she hates letting me look in her mouth. She will bite me if I try. Anyway I know she has 4 top teeth and 2 bottom. She's working on a few more though. They came in all of a sudden!
  • Finally she sleeps! It's not always through the night, but it's much longer and more consistent. Getting her to sleep is not such a constant struggle now.
That's all the new things in our world, anything new in yours?

P.S. Check out the poll on the left side and feel free to guess baby #2's gender.

No comments: