Saturday, April 9, 2011

Family Fun

Today we decided to take a family trip to the local farmstead. It was nice and hot outside and very busy, but still lots of fun. Sarah got to visit a petting zoo for the very first time and I think she really enjoyed it. At least, I hope she did. She didn't cry, so I'm going to say she had fun.

Anyway, our first stop was the baby goat exhibit. You could go in and pet them or feed them bottles. Ryan and I opted out of getting a bottle for Sarah to feed the goats because I figured she would get confused and try to drink it herself. But she enjoyed walking around and petting the little guys. Then as a family was leaving a boy came up to us and gave Sarah the rest of the bottle he had used. I thought it was really nice of him to do that, so we gave it to Sarah and she knew exactly what to do. Well, more like the baby goat next to us knew exactly what to do.

She really liked the ear tags they had.

Grabbing the ear tag again, I thought she would end up taking off one of their ears.


Notice the milk dripping onto the goat's face.
Feeding the goat all by herself, she's getting so big!

After the baby goats, we visited some baby pigs and some big goats. They weren't as big of a hit. Shortly after that, Sarah got fussy. She was ready for some lunch and a nap. (Not to mention 90 degree weather.) All in all, I would say our family outing was a success.



No comments: