Friday, March 4, 2011

Everyone's Healthy Again

Boy has this been a crazy week! It's been one thing after another. Luckily, things have worked out and the end of the week is looking a little better.

First on Monday, Ryan's car wasn't working so he had to catch a ride with one of his coworkers. I'm glad one lives close by, because otherwise I would have had to miss my MOPS meeting and we all know how much I look forward to those. It turns out his battery was leaking acid and basically committing suicide. So my dad came and helped me get it to Advanced Auto while Ryan was at work. My sister watched Sarah while we ran out and got a new battery! Now his car is running better than it has in a while. It's a much smoother ride and the car starts!

Tuesday we were woken up by Sarah puking all over our bed at some un-holy hour. She got some nasty stomach bug and couldn't keep anything down. So Ryan had to bathe her and we stripped the bed and got her put down again only to have her get sick all over again. So we stripped the crib and got her cleaned up again and this time she came back to bed with me. (With a towel underneath) I called the pediatrician and while waiting on a call back from the nurse our maintenance man arrived.

I had called in a work order for some mold around a window. Well to clean it up they needed everyone to leave the apartment for at least 2 1/2 - 3 hours. This meant that I had to pack up a sick baby, wrangle two dogs, and carry a purse and diaper bag out to the car. JOY! Luckily I was able to do it without anyone losing any limbs. The dogs were dropped at my mother in-law's house and Sarah and I went to my mom's. Finally the nurse called back and told me to get Pedialyte and give it to Sarah every 5 minutes for 2 hours. Not an easy task when she refuses to drink it. Then I was told that if she didn't have a wet diaper by 7:00 we would need to go to the hospital for IV fluids. Um, no thank you. So I pushed more Pedialyte and we finally got a wet diaper at about 5:00.

Wednesday was spent trying to coax Sarah to drink some formula because it turns out that Pedialyte was pretty good tasting after all and that's all she wanted to drink. So between naps we were able to finish the rest of her Pedialyte and get some formula in her. Then the inevitable happened, I got sick. I was sick all Wednesday night into Thursday. So sick that I asked Ryan to work from home so he could help with Sarah.

He's lucky he stayed home because he got sick Thursday afternoon about the time I started feeling better. My sister came by to watch Sarah so we could nap and rest which was a lifesaver. Finally, we woke up this morning to a fully healthy family! I am so thankful that this bug was not a puke your guts out for five days kind of bug. Plus it was a dark rainy morning which makes for productive 2 1/2 hour naps! I was able to Clorox and Lysol the crap out of our place so hopefully there will be no more sicky germs here.

And last but not least. I had my regular appointment with my OB today. Baby #2 is doing well. Apparently all the puking didn't affect it very much as it had an easy to find heart rate between 140 and 150. Our anatomy scan is scheduled for April 5th at 2:00 so there's about a month left to pick a gender in the poll.

I hope this weekend is pretty low key and stays healthy for us and for you all too.

No comments: