Thursday, March 10, 2011

Party Planning

Well, Ryan finished making the invitations last night. I just need to get them printed off and then mailed. Then the party will be officially started! Once that's done, I will feel a lot less stressed about getting things done. We are planning on keeping it as small as possible.  But we have a rather large family. So even though most of the guests are going to be family there will still be about 30 people or so there.

There's no reason to go crazy for a first birthday! I have never understood why parents will spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a baby's party. I'm all for making it a cute and well done party, but I'm not about to break the bank over it.  Ryan and I also made the decision to not go crazy with gifts. We don't want to set a precedent and have Sarah growing up thinking she will just get whatever she wants. Don't get me wrong, I love Sarah and would love to buy her everything but I don't want a spoiled kid.

I bought most of the decorations at Michael's and Hobby Lobby while they were having 40% or 50% off specials. I'm sure I've mentioned that we are going with a butterfly theme. Lucky for me, Easter and spring decorations have a lot of butterflies in them. I went with a dark purple color and a pale pink.

I'm really excited for things to start coming together. I've got a few decorations that need some assembly and I'm planning on making some butterfly shaped candies. I was able to score a couple of purple butterfly shaped candy dishes and just had to have them. So I guess I need some candy for them. Once I get a few things done I will post some pictures and there will definitely be tons of pictures of her party! It's three weeks from Saturday. My baby will be one in three weeks!!! 

No comments: