Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Pregnancy

So I've been noticing a lot of sympathetic looks from people lately. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the heat/humidity and my big ol' belly.  Or I get comments like "August, it's gonna be HOT!"


I find the looks humorous though. The comments I could live without, but they come with the territory. I happen to think being pregnant in the summer isn't so bad. Sure it's hot, but it would be hot even if I wasn't pregnant. But there are lots of plus sides to summer pregnancies.


  • The abundance of fresh produce. I'm loving all the in season fruits and veggies. Berries, peaches, and watermelon anyone?? We went blueberry picking with some family and friends and I'm happy to say we have tons of them now! Anyone have any good recipes for blueberries?



  • Swollen feet don't fit into closed toed shoes/boots very well. With Sarah, I had to borrow winter shoes from my sister so I had something to wear in the snow. Now flip flops on the other hand, pretty comfy when your feet start to swell. Summer weather, flip flops, and pregnancy are a great combo.
  • Lounging by the pool all day. I have never felt so light in my life! When I'm in the water I pretty much forget that I'm even pregnant. It's nice to have a break from the extra weight and with winter pregnancies you can't sit outside in/by the pool.
  • Pregnancy cravings are a lot easier to satisfy in the summer. Whether it's ice cream or lemonade. Also the fresh produce makes it easier to choose a healthy option instead of the not so healthy ones.
So later when I have a whiny post about how hot it is and I can't believe how many weeks I have left ... someone kindly remind me of this post and my positive outlook on summer pregnancies.


No comments: