Sunday, June 12, 2011

What a Weekend!!

I love when we have activities planned for the weekend, but not so much a jam packed weekend. Lucky for us, this weekend was the former. We were busy, but not running around like a chicken with its head cut off busy.

I mentioned before that my dad was in the hospital. So we were trying to make sure we visited at least once a day to say hi and let Sarah cheer up Grandpa. Because honestly, no one sleeps in a hospital and there isn't much to do when you're tethered to an IV stand. The good news is that he's home now and on a low fat diet to hopefully keep his pancreas calmed down. I'm not sure how long he has to stay on that diet or even why he's had problems to begin with. I think the doctors are in the same boat. Anyway, here's hoping everything stays healthy and there are no more hospital visits! Here's what Grandma did while we were in the hospital with Grandpa.
An attempted ponytail. Sarah's hair isn't long enough on top so she kind of looks a little like Pebbles from the Flintstones.


Yesterday, we had a BBQ with Ryan's boss and coworkers. It was nice to finally meet all the people that he talks about and put faces to names. Sarah seemed to enjoy herself. Ryan's boss had a big backyard for her to run around in (that's where everyone was milling about) and there were three dogs to keep her busy. I was thankful that she never discovered the dogs' wading pool! She did however find a brick path that she wanted to climb over and over and over ... Mama got tired pretty fast.

Then today, we had a nice day of church and friends. We went to the 11:00 service (because I'm sure you all have picked up that I am not a morning person) and then out to lunch with Ryan's family. Lunch was a bit of a stresser because Sarah was ready for a nap about the time we ordered food, but she didn't have a complete meltdown in public, so I'm still counting it as a successful outing. Once we got home she napped and so did I. In all fairness, I intended to watch a movie with my sister and husband but sleep won and who am I to argue with that?

This evening we were able to catch up with friends who just moved back to town! So excited to have fellow parents here to hang out with. They totally get the staying in because of naps or bedtimes or finances thing! I'm so glad they are back and I hope we can get together more often! Oh and we had a yummy taco bake for dinner! Yay for new recipes that are quick and easy!

By the way my prompt today was silly. (Weird hobbies or collections) I don't have either so I thought I'd recap my weekend instead!

No comments: