Monday, November 8, 2010

And We're Off...

Sarah has officially started to crawl and she is one fast baby. For weeks now she has been able to get up on all fours and do this little rocking back and forth thing. Then she started to do this little bunny hop thing where she only moved her legs. But a few days ago she started to move forward a bit and yesterday she finally put everything together.

Now that she has figured out all the mechanics of crawling she's nearly unstoppable. It's a good thing our place was pretty much baby proofed to begin with. I did have to put a few pillows around the coffee table to prevent her from getting under there, but it's not that big of a deal. Now I just need to teach her the difference between her toys and the dog toys. Seriously all she wants to play with is my dogs' nasty old bone.

I'm excited that she's able to move around now and discover more new things each day. I mean who knew that blinds, rugs, and dogs could be so much fun? But I'm also a little sad because she is moving further away from that tiny baby from SEVEN months ago. (I need to do a seven month stat soon ...) As she grows, I follow her and see the world through new eyes each day. I get to experience my ordinary life with a fresh perspective because I have a little one who knows nothing but wonder every time the dishwasher kicks on, the wind rustles the leaves, or she touches the funny texture of the couch. It's a new and exciting place to be and I know it's going to be a fun ride!

No comments: