Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I want to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. This time last year, I had just learned that I was having a baby girl and I was contemplating what a great blessing it was to be expecting my first child. Well this year, I am happy to say that those blessings I dreamed about when I was pregnant, don't measure up to the reality of having Sarah here with us.  But in honor of Thanksgiving, I made a list of all the things I am thankful for this year.

  1. A husband who works hard every day to provide for his family. It means he wakes up early every day and stays up late (sometimes too late). He is a great man and father. I don't thank him enough for what he does. So thank you Ryan for being you!
  2. A daughter who brings me so much joy and happiness. I love being her mother and getting to see her grow and learn. She is already this great little person and I can't wait to see what else lies ahead for us.
  3. The ability to be a stay at home mom. While this may not have been my dream job, it has proven to be one of the best learning and growing experiences of my life. Each day brings new happiness and frustration. I finally feel like I hit the groove on where I am supposed to be.
  4. A great church and life group. Finding our church has been a HUGE blessing! We have made new friends and connected to people in ways that had been lacking for a while. 
  5. Family! I have great parents and siblings as well as great in-laws. They love my daughter, husband, and me so much.
  6. As cheesy/corny as it sounds, I am thankful for a roof over my head and food to eat. Not to mention the clothes I have to wear. 
What are you thankful for this year? Have a great Thanksgiving and cherish those family moments today. Even if they are a bit stressful!

No comments: