Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Back

So after a rather long week I am finally glad to say things are back to normal. I really don't mind looking after my siblings. They are pretty well behaved, for the most part and very low maintenance. We had a good time hanging out, shopping, cooking together, and yes even doing homework. Well, really they did it and I either helped or checked it. But there's something to be said about the comfort of a normal routine.

Sarah's naps were complete crap this week. By crap, I mean two fifteen minute naps for the entire day! That meant that we had both a crabby baby and mommy. When Sarah doesn't nap, she gets whiny and inconsolable. This in turn makes me irritable. Her naps are when I get that "me time". It's a vital part of my day, that time that I get to sit, read, blog, clean, or simply be still.

But like I said, this week it didn't happen. So poor Ryan had a very frazzled wife at the end of the day for a few days this week. But luckily things are going to be semi-routine this week. Monday and Tuesday will be business as usual, but Ryan has the rest of the week off. Which isn't our normal thing for the week, but at least I have an extra set of hands. So if for some reason Sarah just won't nap, I can hit the mall with all the crazy shoppers and leave my husband with the cranky baby. And trust me Black Friday shoppers have nothing on an angry, sleep deprived baby.

No comments: