Height: Around 26 inches
Weight: About 17 1/2 lbs
- Clapping - no sound yet, just putting hands together
- She plays in her pack and play for twenty minutes at a time or so. This way I know she's safely contained and not getting into anything she shouldn't be.
- Pincer grasp is almost perfected
- She loves to bounce whether it be on someone's knee, in her jump up, her jumperoo, or on her own
- Getting into a sitting position all on her own
- She loves to talk and it's nearly constant. Still no real words just a whole lot of babble. But there are some "mamas" and a BUNCH of "dadas".
- Headbands may become a thing of the past. :( She takes them off when she gets agitated.
- Solid foods are definitely more appealing now. Her favorites are bananas and sweet potatoes. But everything better be a puree because she does not like things with textures.
- Everyone in the house is getting more sleep! She consistently sleeps through the night. She goes down between 9:30 and 10:30 and stays asleep until at least 5:00 before she wants a bottle and then goes back to sleep until 9:15 or so. Sometimes we make it to 7:00 before she needs the bottle.
- Anything with fur is her best friend. She ADORES dogs and cats. If you are feeding her and a dog walks into view you have to wait for the dog to move before she will give you her attention again.
- She is holding her own bottle now! The only exception is when she is sleepy. Then she still needs some help.
Things I miss
- Her toothless smile
- Having her sleep on my chest and not feeling like there's a brick on my lungs
- Setting her down in one spot and having her be there when I get back
- All of her cute newborn and 0 - 3 clothes
What I love
- Watching her grow and get to important milestones
- Seeing her learn new things
- Making new hair accessories (flowers, bows, etc)
- Buying baby clothes ... it's a sad obsession
- Discovering the world all over again through my daughter's eyes
- Feeling like I am finally adjusting to being a stay at home mom
- Seeing my husband be a great father and my daughter's love for him
- Redefining my ability to love each and every day