Wednesday, November 2, 2011

19 Months Old

Sarah is 19 months old today and I am so NOT okay with it. I mean, when I realized that this was her 19th month, I had to take a few deep breaths. Now before you label me crazy, let me explain!

19 months is closer to TWO than it is to one. And let's be honest, I'm not ready for a two year old. Two is farther away from that little baby I brought home and closer to a big kid! Logically I know she has to grow up, and believe me she knows it too. She's always discovering something new and she surprises me almost every day with some new word. But when I look at her I still see more baby than kid, and I think I want it to stay that way.

I wish I could freeze time and keep her at this fun age forever. I love watching her learn and interacting with her. I love that she thinks she's such a big girl, but the second she gets scared, sick, or hurt, it's Mama to the rescue. I don't ever want her to get too big that I can't snuggle with her or sneak her onto the couch with me for a nap. Like I said, logically I know it has to happen, but emotionally my mama heart isn't ready for a two year old. At least I still have 5 more months to prepare.

Okay go ahead and label me crazy, because if I already have these whacky emotions about her NOT being two, I'm gonna lose it at kindergarten. Don't get me started on anything beyond that...

Isn't this face just great?!








No comments: