Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is an interesting Thursday to list what I am grateful for. We have been at the hospital with Andrew since about 10:45(ish) last night. He spiked a pretty high fever (102.5) and because he was so young he had to go to the ER. Babies never get sick during regular office hours, do they? Anyway, after being at the ER for about 3 hours we were transported via ambulance (talk about scary, seeing your newborn strapped onto a stretcher) to the local children's hospital where he has been doing really well.

So what am I thankful for this Thursday?

  1. My husband. When he hasn't been here with me, he's been at home with Sarah taking care of her. He is such a great support and understands that sometimes this mama just needs to let off some steam/anxiety and he takes it in stride. He also sat in a recliner all night holding our son so I could get a couple of hours of sleep. Talk about a great man
  2. My mom and sister. They met me at the ER so I wouldn't have to be there alone while Andrew was poked and prodded and my mom was the one who thought to ask the doctors questions.
  3. My mother in-law. She came and sat with Sarah overnight so that Ryan could come be with me here at the hospital when the worst of things were going on and I needed him. 
  4. My friend Jamie. She's totally awesome! My sister's baby shower is this weekend and I have cupcakes to make for it, and she graciously took on that task for me so I can just rest and be with Andrew. Honestly she's totally amazing and I am so blessed to have her in my life.
  5. The awesome transport team who took care of Andrew while he was in the ambulance. They were so competent and nice that I hardly worried at all while we were en route to the children's hospital. (I was praying for a safe ride there the whole time and thankfully God heard!)
  6. The nurses, doctors, and all other medical staff that have been helping my poor baby. I'm happy to say that when he's been awake today, it's been mostly smiles and coos. That's despite the fact that he has an IV in his head and about 4 different wires connected to him to monitor his heart, oxygen levels and so on.
  7. MY SON! I have never been more grateful to have this baby than the last few hours when I saw him so sick! He's been a trooper through all the needle sticks and the poking and prodding. Right now he's napping in his hospital crib and looks absolutely peaceful!

No comments: