Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm going to take the time to be grateful for the little things in life. You know, those small things that put a smile on your face, but maybe you take for granted.

1) Bath and Body Works Holiday soaps. Ryan and I took the kids out last night to pick out some soaps and I LOVE how they smell. My mother in-law brought me one over the weekend and I just HAD to go out and get more. So now, when I wash my hands after the 5th poopy diaper in a row, I'll smile because it smells good. At least that's the idea.

2) Netflix! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate Netflix. I need to write a letter thanking them for keeping Blue's Clues, Sesame Street, and Dinosaur Train on instant stream!! Sometimes Netflix saves the day when Sarah is in an extremely foul mood. Turn it on and BAM Elmo saves the day!

3) Home cooked meals! I got a great recipe for chicken lasagna rolls from a friend and made some for dinner and froze some for dinner when we have nothing to eat later!

4) Watching Sarah help me bake yesterday! It totally warmed my heart and she was SO excited to help Mama out! She has such a helping spirit and I need to be more mindful of it. Too often I'd rather do it myself to save time or a mess. But the look on her face when I let her beat eggs was priceless! So to go along with this one, baked goods!

5) Naps. I take one nearly everyday when my kids do. Somehow I lucked out in the nap department. Sarah has started to take a consistent 2 1/2 - 3 hour nap and Andrew usually sleeps for most of that nap too! It's  what keeps me fueled for the evening and helps me be in a better mood (usually) for Ryan when he gets home.

And to put a smile on your face ...

My happy boy!

My baking girl. All she needs is a chef hat!

No comments: